|Choose your country or region|
Cockpit Cradle Kit
The EKP V Cockpit Cradle Kit seamlessly integrates the EKP V in the cockpit, it feeds it from the aircraft power supply (with a Vibration-proof socket), and it allows connecting the external USB Antenna (included in the kit).
The Cockpit Cradle Kit is recommended for pilots who want their
EKP V conveniently integrated into their cockpit, but do not need advanced connectivity to other on board systems.
USB port for GPS receiver
Content of the box
• EKP V Cockpit Cradle
• USB GPS antenna
• Flush Mount Kit + cables fastening mount
• Plastic Protective Cover
• Power supply cable
• Manual, screws and template jig
1. Drill the cockpit with the help of the template Jig. (Dimensions: 165.4 x 106.8 mm)
2. Connect the power supply cable to the aircraft electric system.
3. Connect the GPS receiver to the USB port on the back of the cradle and secure the cable fastening the wire lock.
4. Insert the Cradle in the hole and fix it using the screws and the metal parts provided.
5. Re-calibrate the on-board compass, make sure that all on-board instruments and systems perform as expected and verify the presence of heat sources close to the Cradle.
6. Finally, fasten the wires in the back of the Cradle to avoid vibrations and stress on the connections.
How to dock the EKP V
1. Insert the EKP V in the Cradle from the Pogo Pin connector side taking care of properly blocking the hook on the right.
2. Then press the opposite part to insert completely the navigator inside the Cradle.
3. Securely fix the EKP V with the safety hook on the left side.
Once docked the EKP V will power on automatically.
Cockpit Cradle kit VS Cockpit Docking Station
EKP V offers two mounting solutions:
> Basic panel integration with the Cockpit Cradle Kit: connection to Power and GPS receiver.
> Advanced connectivity with the Cockpit Docking Station. 4 USB connection, 2 serial connections, audio input and output, video input.