|Choose your country or region|
Cockpit Docking Station
The hub of your integrated avionic system
The EKP V Cockpit Docking Station allows the installation of AvMap EKP V Aeronautical Navigator into the cockpit, and enables the unit to interface to multiple external devices at the same time.
The Cockpit Docking Station is conceived to host the EKP V when used as part of the basic on board instrumentation, becoming the hub of your integrated avionic system.
The CDS includes 4 USB ports, 2 serial ports, Audio video input (NTSC and PAL) , Audio output. The external GPS antenna is included in the box.
Multiple simultaneous connections
The Docking Station transforms the EKP V large 7” LCD into a true multifunctional display and fight information system. Create your AvMap Glass Cockpit system by connecting instruments and accessories to EKP V. Find out more about the AvMap Glass Cockpit System.
When docked the EKP V is powered by the aircraft electrical system and it can connect to several on-board devices at the same time:
• GPS receiver
• Traffic Receiver
• Cameras or Enhanced vision systems
• Weather receiver
• Other instruments
Video on your EKP V
The Cockpit Docking Station includes a Audio video input (NTSC and PAL) that allows connecting the EKP V to video cameras with very useful applications for tail-draggers, or monitoring flights!
When docked, the EKP V is powered/charged by the aircraft electrical system (through a socket vibration proof for power supply AVG 16). One of the USB ports is powered by the EKP V internal battery to ensure functionality even in case of aircraft electrical power failure.
Serial connections scheme
DB 15 Connections
• 4 x USB 2.0 ports
(1 x battery powered by EKP V internal),
• 2x Serials ports
(1 x RS-232, 1 x TTL levels),
• Audio IN,
• Audio OUT,
• Video IN
(video composite signal PAL or NTSC)
Content of the box
The Docking Station package contains:
• EKP V Docking Station
• USB GPS antenna
• Flush Mount Kit
• Plastic Protective Cover
• Manual, screws and cutting template
1. Drill the cockpit with the help of the template Jig. (Dimensions: 165.4 x 106.8 mm)
2. Connect and secure the included DB-15 interface on the back of the CDS
3. Connect the power supply cable to the aircraft electric system.
4. Connect the GPS receiver to the USB port on the back of the cradle and secure the cable fastening the wire lock.
5. Install the docking station in the cockpit hole and secure it with the flush mount. Push the bracket in the center and flex it until it is possible to lock it with the provided nuts.
6. Fasten and secure the wires to the back of the CDS, to avoid vibrations or mechanical OEM Version Standard Version stress on the connections.
How to dock the EKP V
1. Insert the EKP V in the Cradle from the Pogo Pin connector side, properly blocking the hook on the right.
2. Then press the opposite part to insert completely the navigator inside the Cradle.
3. Securely fix the EKP V with the safety hook on the left side.
Once docked the EKP V will power on automatically.
Cockpit Cradle kit VS Cockpit Docking Station
EKP V offers two mounting solutions:
> Basic panel integration with the Cockpit Cradle Kit: featuring connection to Power and GPS receiver.
> Advanced connectivity with the Cockpit Docking Station featuring 4 USB connection, 2 serial connections, audio input and output, video input.