AvMap with Kenwood U.S.A. at the Hamvention in Dayton
16 May 2008From the 16th to the 18th of May AvMap will take part together with Kenwood U.S.A. at the Hamvention in Dayton, the most important event for Radio Hams, to present the APRS combo Geosat 5 + TM-D710.
Geosat 5 and Kenwood TM-D710 : the ultimate APRS© combination
The AvMap Geosat 5 is an attractive, feature-rich personal navigator that’s customized with Amateur Radio features. Integration with Kenwood’s APRS transceivers is quick and easy.
What makes the AvMap G5 special is a custom software designed for the new Kenwood TM-D710A/E. Yet Geosat 5 can also be used with the discontinued Kenwood APRS© radios.
Geosat 5 provides GPS location information for your transmitted APRS beacons, and it shows received APRS information on its map display.
Geosat 5 APRS is the out-of-the-box solution for APRS© operations: it includes a Kenwood ready cable and a bi-directional APRS© interface balanced for all current APRS© ready Kenwood radios (TM-D700A/E and TH-D7A/E, TM-D710A/E). The supplied interface cable plugs into the TM-D710A/E control head. Perform a little menu-driven setup on both units and you’re ready to go. The Geosat 5 sends your position data to the radio over the interface cable, and the radio uses that information in your position beacons. On receive, the TM-D710A/E sends APRS © data to the G5. The unit can store up to 1000 APRS Contacts and display them on the map.
Special APRS© operations:
- INTERCEPT TO TARGET: You can even set your Geosat 5 to navigate to your favorite APRS© station and get rerouting instructions when the new position is reported!
- TACTICAL MODE: Geosat 5 fully takes advantage of the Kenwood format sentence ($PKWDWPL). The Tactical mode allows you to select an APRS © contact to see its speed, course and altitude in addition to its call sign and position.
- Geosat 5 supports dozens of APRS© icons (in conjuction with the Kenwood waypoint format sentence). It includes also thousands of points of interest (POIs). For APRS ©, you can hide all of the POIs and display only the APRS © icons.The partnership AvMap – Kenwood
The partnership AvMap – Kenwood
- In 2004 Geosat 2 is the first APRS© compatible stand alone GPS which can be connected to Kenwood radios with a special T cable.
- In 2005 Geosat 4 is the next version of 100% APRS© compatible GPS. Custom software designed for the TMD-700A/E and TH-D7A/E radios.
- In 2007 Geosat 5 is launched, with